1599 (f)- Fed & Cal OSHA compliant
Flagger training and short-term traffic control regulations are covered in these 4 to 6 hr flagger certification classes. This course is made up of hands-on activities and demonstrations. All students must demonstrate comprehension of Cal OSHA’s flagger regulations, and techniques, for safely flagging traffic in order to pass the course.
CA MUTCD Section 6E.01 Qualifications for Flaggers
Because flaggers are responsible for public safety (and make the greatest number of contacts with the public of any highway worker), it is vital that they receive proper training of safe traffic control practices and public contact techniques. This is why flaggers will be trained by qualified persons with the experience necessary to effectively instruct workers about the proper fundamentals of flagging moving traffic.
Flaggers should be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following abilities:
- Receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
- Move and maneuver quickly in order to avoid potential danger from errant vehicles.
- Control signaling devices (such as paddles and flags) in order to provide clear and positive guidance to drivers approaching a TTC zone amidst frequently changing situations.
- Understand and apply safe traffic control practices, even during stressful or emergency situations.
- Recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers within a sufficient amount of time to avoid injury.
Refer to Construction Safety Order in the California Code of Regulations (Title 8, Division 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter 4, Article 11, Section 1599 – Flaggers) for flagger training. See Section 1A.11 for information regarding this publication.
* All Students must demonstrate comprehension of Cal OSHA’s flagger regulations and techniques for flagging traffic safely.
** Subject to minimum class size requirements. All classes must be paid in advance. Missed and/ or re-scheduled classes with less than 1 weeks notice are non-refundable. Students are placed in a future class. Classes with less than 10 students may be rescheduled. All safety classes are payable in advance. Cancellation fees will apply unless 1 week written cancellation notice is given. Cancellation with less than 1 week written notice is non-refundable. Students will be placed in a future class if they cancel or “no show” with less than 1 week notice. Minimum class size requirements are subject to change without notice.