Lead RRP- Renovation, Repair & Painting certification
Do you Renovate, Repair or Paint homes or child-occupied facilities built before 1978?
This class is designed to help plan for and complete a home renovation, repair, or painting project using lead-safe work practices. Lead safe work practices are a group of techniques that reduce the amount of dust produced by renovation activities. When used correctly, they make the work area safer for workers and the home safe for residents when the renovation is complete.
What you will learn in this EPA Certified class:
- Why lead-based paint is a problem during renovations.
- What the EPA and HUD regulations require of Certified Firms and Certified Renovators.
- How to determine if lead-based paint affects work.
- How to begin the work.
- How to set up the work area to contain dust.
- How to work in a lead-safe manner.
- How to clean the work area and verify cleanliness.
- How to dispose of waste safely.
- How to document your work.